October 21, 2014, 04:44:21 PM
News: Hey, we have forums!
  Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
Print
Author Topic: Subtitles Complete & String Bank  (Read 73460 times)
Orcastar
Mini Bit
**
Posts: 6


View Profile Email
« Reply #150 on: December 29, 2010, 12:28:14 PM »

I've now finished testing the Finnish subs, stringbank and help files and so they're practically ready. Testing took a bit longer than I expected, but oh well.

However, I've now run into a strange bug while translating foods and ingredients: while playing with the translated ingridients.txt file, it becomes impossible to fail while cooking, or in other words, it's impossible to make Sea Loaves. Whenever I try to cook anything that isn't a real recipe, I get the message "Too Many", even though I've got plenty of room in my inventory. Repeatedly pressing cook will also sometimes trigger the "Not another Sea Loaf" line from Naija.  Huh? Any ideas what might be causing this?

Another problem with the ingridients.txt file is recipes that require "any oil" or "any meat" etc. In the file, these recipes only have "oil" or "meat" or whatever in them, but in the game the word any is somehow added automatically. However, if I change the "meat" into finnish, the recipe shows a blank in the game.  Any ideas on how to solve this?
Logged
Alphasoldier
Dream Bit
**********
Posts: 1810


Zero Suit!

alphasoldier@hotmail.com alphasoldier1990
View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 29, 2010, 08:29:55 PM »

However, I've now run into a strange bug while translating foods and ingredients: while playing with the translated ingridients.txt file, it becomes impossible to fail while cooking, or in other words, it's impossible to make Sea Loaves. Whenever I try to cook anything that isn't a real recipe, I get the message "Too Many", even though I've got plenty of room in my inventory.
That's an old bug, you're either using an old version; meaning you pirated the game, or you magically made the bug re-occur with just translating things.

Second to that, I'm fairly sure you shouldn't translate ingredients.txt seeing that's what makes the cooking work. There are no names in there seeing there are also no spaces in there.
Logged

God sees and knows everything, but at least he won't gossip about it.
Orcastar
Mini Bit
**
Posts: 6


View Profile Email
« Reply #152 on: December 29, 2010, 10:32:00 PM »

That's an old bug, you're either using an old version; meaning you pirated the game, or you magically made the bug re-occur with just translating things.

Second to that, I'm fairly sure you shouldn't translate ingredients.txt seeing that's what makes the cooking work. There are no names in there seeing there are also no spaces in there.

I'm running version 1.1.1, so it's not that. I originally bought the game in July 2008 and upgraded to 1.1.1 in December 2008.

I know ingredients.txt also makes the whole cooking system work, but as far as I can tell, the first string in every line of the file is the actual name of the food used in game, while the other strings govern the cooking system. Spaces are automatically added before capitalized letters in these strings, so for example "SeaLoaf" actually appears as "Sea Loaf" in the game.  I've actually already translated all the ingredient and food names and they all show up fine in the game, both in the inventory and in the recipes, and I can also cook anything else except sea loaves with the translated file. The only problem now is the bug. Curiously it goes away if I replace the translated ingredients.txt with the original English one, but I'm pretty sure I didn't touch anything except the actual names of the ingredients and foods...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 10:34:45 PM by Orcastar » Logged
Alphasoldier
Dream Bit
**********
Posts: 1810


Zero Suit!

alphasoldier@hotmail.com alphasoldier1990
View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 29, 2010, 10:45:48 PM »

Then I think it must have something to do with the game checking if "Sea Loaf" is at max, not your Finnish translation. Which in turn sounds rather logical seeing there's nothing else besides ingredients.txt that tells anything about the ingredients... if you catch my drift. Solution: Keep it at SeaLoaf. Inevitably, if someone with scripting knowledge could change something, it'd be to add a separate file for JUST the displaying names, or perhaps another parameter with quotes like "Sea Loaf" and "Zhuna's Perogi" n stuff like that.

Besides that, sorry, can't help you. :C
Logged

God sees and knows everything, but at least he won't gossip about it.
Orcastar
Mini Bit
**
Posts: 6


View Profile Email
« Reply #154 on: December 30, 2010, 11:14:18 AM »

Well I just discovered another "small" bug: seems that ingridients and foods won't drop from enemies or plants when I'm using the translated ingridients.txt, so I guess the first strings aren't just disoplay names. In other words I shouldn't have bothered translating the file at all. Oh well...

Thanks for the help anyway. I'm still going to do some testing to make sure everything else is working but I should have the translation ready within the next few weeks.
Logged
  Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
Print
Jump to: